Bonbon Vegan, New Zealand made and smells good enough to eat! What more could you ask for in this amazing range of handmade cosmetics?
Recently The Beauty Chambers started selling Bonbon Cosmetics and I was drawn straight away to the Peach Crumble body wash and scrub! Its cute packaging was the first thing i saw, it actually looks like peach crumble, and then i smelt it..... I knew I had to smell this product ASAP.
Being a vegan product, and hand made, its got none of that nasty stuff in it such as:
- Parabens - used as preservatives and linked to cancer, endocrine (glands) disruption and reproductive toxicity
- Sodium laurel sulphate - which use to be used as a degreaser in factories and now used to make soap foamy. This absorbs into the body and creates irritation
- Crushed Nutshells- Used in scrubs and can cause broken capillaries, skin cuts all over your skin. PS: Oats are a grain NOT a nut.
The good things are:
- Oatmeal - which is the gentlest of all exfoliants, softens and hydrates skin and has been used for decades as an effected home remedy for dry, itchy skin.
- Sunflower oil - Leaves little residue on skin and can last unto 12 months. It really nourishes the skin.
- Stearic Acid - Sounds scary but can actually be found on cocoa butter and vegetable pats. It's used to mix oil and dirt on the skin and help loosen them away with water.
The simple packaging has easy to use instructions - Just a small amount of sweet smelling peach goodness lathers up to a mass of fullness. This will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and smelling Devine!
But why leave it at that when by just digging a bit further to dig out some of the rolled oats scrub from the bottom of the tub and adding it to some of the lathered body wash, you can create a gentle scrub, giving you that extra clean feeling whilst buffing away any nasties on your skin. This stuff is great for fake tan users or for combating those troublesome ingrowns!
After you've finished pampering yourself, simply pop the lid back and and store away for next time - Step out with silky smooth skin and smelling as sweet as peaches!
This product will leave you wanting to try more flavours such as Pavlova Body Butter, or the Salted Caramel Scrub...so branch out and explore.